Tag: 上海后花园论坛 Page 1 of 2

‘Botched’ Area 51 event draws only around 100 people

first_imgmiroslav_1/iStock(RACHEL, Nev.) — The drama of the Area 51 event was meant to be out of this world, but the lack of humans brought it back to reality.After more than two million people responded on Facebook that they would attend the “Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us” event, just about 75 actually showed up as of Friday morning.None made it past the first gate at the site.The event itself had changed course after the original organizer, 20-year-old college student Matty Roberts, who started the Facebook page as a joke, pulled out fearing a “humanitarian disaster in the works.”The town of Rachel, Nevada, still scrambled to get its own AlienStock event to move forward but called it “botched.”“Law enforcement clearly outnumbers visitors. There are no vendors and not much of an infrastructure,” according to a post on the town’s official website Thursday night. “A makeshift stage was set up on a dusty dirt lot and a few campers are parked around the area. This has very clearly become Fyre Fest 2.0 after the creator of the Storm Area 51 movement pulled out and the organizers started suing each other.”Roberts sent Connie West, the owner of Little A’Le’Inn in Rachel and event co-partner, a cease-and-desist letter to cancel her extraterrestrial event plans, according to ABC Las Vegas affiliate KTNV-TV.West ignored the letter, according to the town’s website.The town urged anyone still planning to come to Rachel for AlienStock to be prepared with their own food, water, gas and a place to sleep.As for entertainment, “occasionally music can be heard from a makeshift stage on a dusty dirt lot.”Samantha Travis, the manager of the inn, previously told ABC News that 20 musical acts and two comedians had been booked for the Sept. 19-21 festival.“We’re still gonna do our best to throw a sweet party and keep everyone safe,” Travis said.Numerous calls to West, Travis and the Little A’Le’Inn were not returned.The actual location of Area 51, the highly-classified government facility located near Rachel, will be guarded by the Air Force and various local and federal law enforcement, the town said.At least two people were detained by local sheriff’s deputies early Friday, according to the Associated Press, but it was not clear what the offense was. The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment.One AlienStock attendee, named Jeffrey, told ABC News police were laughing and having fun with the visitors until a teenager ducked under the gate for a moment and was subsequently grabbed, scolded and let go. Jeffrey said he also saw a man detained after he urinated on the fence, but has not seen him since.Area 51 has long been a source of conspiracy theories involving extraterrestrial beings. Revelers are allowed to go up to the gate but cannot actually enter the government site.Another event, located about in the next nearest town of Hiko, seems to be going more smoothly with plans for music, movies and discussions about aliens.George Harris, owner of the Alien Research Center, said his event even has a replica of the Area 51 back gate.“‘Storming’ Area 51 started as a prank. We want everyone to be safe and enjoy their visit. Neither the Lincoln County Sheriff or the United States Military will tolerate any illegal activity,” Harris said on his website. “So, in simple terms, check yourself before you wreck yourself.”Both the Rachel and Hiko events will run through Sunday for the hundreds of people who actually showed.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Coffee shop growth to stall, says analyst

first_imgPredictions of continued rapid growth in the branded coffee shop sector (see pgs 18-19) is at odds with falling disposable income levels, which will cause the market’s growth to stall, according to one analyst.Speaking at Caffè Culture, PricewaterhouseCoopers’ coffee shop sector specialist Stephen Broome said the growth of about 10%, seen in 2008, would not be repeated in 2009, following a predicted drop in consumer confi- dence and spending. Capital expenditure (capex) was now only on a care-and-maintenance basis, rather than for store development, and he foresaw further rationalisation of non-profitable stores.”Despite announcements about continued growth in store numbers, particularly from the big three or four, what we’re seeing is store openings stalling and capex being reduced,” he said. “My view is we won’t see that exponential growth continuing – certainly not for the next couple of years. We will have a period of consolidation. If outlet growth stalls, and disposable income also stalls, I don’t see where the growth is coming from.”He urged operators to position for an upturn from 2011 by reducing operating costs and through greater flexibility with labour costs.last_img read more

GoldBet boosts its content offering by upgrading to NYX OGS

first_img Submit TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 StumbleUpon Italian bookmakers face cruel summer as ADM sanctions shop closures July 27, 2020 Related Articles Share Share CT Gaming bolsters Italian profile with The Betting Coach  August 27, 2020 GoldBet has boosted its existing content partnership with NYX Gaming Group by upgrading to NYX OGS™ (Open Gaming System) from the CGS platform.The partnership with NYX, who will serve OGS via its Game360 content studio, will see the Italian operator increase its offering with thousands of slot games, bingo and poker through a single integration.This deal gives access to all OGS games available in Italy, from NYX and third-party suppliers. More than 100 titles will be made available including premium NextGen titles such as A Dragon’s Story™, Gorilla Go Wild™, Medusa™, Merlin’s Millions SuperBet™ and the recent Wild Play SuperBet™.Andrea Guzzon, General Manager for Game360, commented: “With this integration GoldBet has boosted its games offering in one of the most important regulated igaming markets with a broad, country-specific, selection of proven content.“It is always a particularly encouraging sign for a business when it grows a brief with an existing customer, as we have done with GoldBet. The deal once again demonstrates the high value and flexibility that NYX OGS delivers to operators around the world.”Stefano Tino, Head of Marketing for GoldBet, added: “Integrating GoldBet to NYX OGS is a key step to helping us deliver on our ambitious expansion plans. We know the quality that NYX delivers, and are pleased to have stepped up our collaboration to offer a considerably expanded content library.”last_img read more

Maine Group Will Award $10,000 Towards a Deep-Energy Retrofit

first_imgThe organizers of the BrightBuilt Retrofit contest plan to award $10,000 to a New England nonprofit organization that commits to a deep-energy retrofit project.The public is invited to vote on which of four proposals is most deserving of the award. The proposals have been submitted by Community Partners of Biddeford, Maine; Farm & Wilderness of Plymouth, Vermont; Freeport Community Services of Freeport, Maine; and Yestermorrow Design/Build of Warren, Vermont. The online voting will continue through November 2, 2010.The winning project will receive:A $10,000 cash awardA $90,000 interest-free loanDiscounted design servicesAccess to an award-winning team of expertsA reduced carbon footprint and lower energy billsA more comfortable, livable, beautiful spaceThe goals of the BrightBuilt Retrofit award are to highlight the affordability and accessibility of deep-energy retrofit projects and to help complete an energy-conserving building renovation for a deserving New England nonprofit organization.Full disclosure: GBA editor Martin Holladay is on the project’s Board of Advisors. Also serving on the board are Tedd Benson, president of Bensonwood Homes; Keith Collins, owner of BrightBuilt Barn; Gunnar Hubbard, principal of Fore Solutions; Allison Zuchman, project manager at Fore Solutions; Phil Kaplan, principal of Kaplan Thompson Architects (an a Podcaster for GBA); Robin Tannenbaum, architectural designer at Kaplan Thompson Architects; Dan Kolbert, owner of Kolbert Building & Renovations; Jessica Lantos, membership manager at the Maine Association of Non-Profits; Jennifer Marapese, interim executive director at the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association; Naomi Mermin, Chair of the Maine chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council; Jim Newman, director of strategy at BuildingGreen; John Rooks, president of the SOAP Group; and Alissa Conroy, vice-president of the SOAP Group.For more information, or to register your vote, visit BrightBuilt Retrofit.last_img read more

a month agoEngland No2 Holland at Chelsea tonight for Abraham check

first_imgEngland No2 Holland at Chelsea tonight for Abraham checkby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveEngland assistant Steve Holland will be in attendance at Chelsea’s Champions League clash with Valencia at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.Holland will be in the stands to run the rule over Tammy Abraham, according to The Telegraph.Abraham has scored seven goals in his last three games for Chelsea, including a hat-trick in Saturday’s win over Wolves.The 21-year-old is competing with Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson for the role of Harry Kane’s deputy.Nigeria are attempting to convince Abraham to switch his allegiance to them as he qualifies for the Super Eagles through his father. About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img

Pikeville Walmart Has An Incredible Kentucky 36-0 Soda Display

first_imgPikeville Walmart's amazing Kentucky 36-0 soda display.The Kentucky Wildcats are the first 36-0 team in college basketball history, and everyone in the state – including one grocery store owner – is trying to get in on the action. The Pikeville Walmart apparently has an incredible Kentucky soda display, complete with the team’s record. In the below photo, taken by a Wildcats fan named Brian Daniels, UK’s logo is made out of Sprite Zero cases, while the W/L columns are made out of Coke Zero cases. Diet Coke cases provide the backdrop. It’s well done.Pikeville Walmart yesterday! @ACassady_KSR @KySportsRadio pic.twitter.com/uwzopMhX6W— Brian Daniels (@bdanie01) March 22, 2015Kentucky will take on the winner of Maryland vs. West Virginia next week in the Sweet 16.last_img

Video: Watch This Sneak Preview Of Ohio State’s “Scarlet and Gray Days” Big Ten Network Show

first_imgUrban Meyer talks to a group of players.Ohio State Scarlet and Gray DaysUpdate: We’ve got another Scarlet and Gray Days preview to show you. This one features Braxton Miller, wide receiver. Like what you see, @OhioStAthletics fans? Don’t miss “Scarlet & Gray Days” at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday. #InsideOSU http://t.co/CYarPB7qKE— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) August 18, 2015Earlier: The Ohio State football program is the subject of a new Big Ten Network show that’s focusing on the Buckeyes’ 2015 training camp. The show, Scarlet and Gray Days, is set to debut Wednesday at 7 p.m. E.T. on BTN. Thanks to Land Grant Holy Land, we’ve gotten a sneak peek at one of the scenes from the first show. In this scene, Urban Meyer is addressing his players. “We will not go into Game 1 in Blacksburg, Va., not nine strong,” he says. Urban Meyer: “We will not go into Game 1 in Blacksburg, VA not ‘nine strong’ … That’s absolutely not negotiable.” http://t.co/y39urFk7T6— Land-Grant Holy Land (@Landgrant33) August 17, 2015Ready for the fall, Buckeye fans? Ohio State opens its season Sept. 7 against Virginia Tech at 8 p.m. E.T. The game will be televised on ESPN.last_img read more

Report: No Player At February’s NFL Combine Failed Drug Test

first_imgAdam Schefter sits in front of his book case during ESPN appearance.SchefterVirtually every year during the NFL Draft process, a few high-profile prospects fail drug tests from February’s combine. That is, until 2016. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, not one player tested positive at this year’s event in Indianapolis, something that is almost unprecedented.For the first time in recent memory, NFL has notified all 32 teams that no player tested positive at February combine, per league sources.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 25, 2016No matter where you fall on the subject of recreational drug use, most would hope that a player can avoid failing a test that they know is coming at the combine. Almost every draft class has a few players fail and see their stock suffer, so congratulations to the class of 2016 for bucking that trend.last_img read more

Exski coach Bertrand Charest to appeal sexcrime convictions

first_imgMONTREAL – Ex-ski coach Bertrand Charest is appealing his conviction on 37 sex-related charges, with documents filed Tuesday seeking an acquittal or a new trial.A lawyer for the former high-performance trainer has gone to the Quebec Court of Appeal, alleging a lengthy list of legal errors made by the trial judge.Quebec court Judge Sylvain Lepine called Charest a sexual predator when he convicted him last month on charges involving nine of the 12 women who’d accused him of crimes dating back more than 20 years.The judge said Charest’s actions constituted an unequivocal abuse of trust and power and said the victims, young aspiring skiers under Charest’s guidance, were all credible and reliable.In his appeal, defence lawyer Antonio Cabral took issue with the description of Charest as a “veritable predator.”“No evidence, no complainant, no expert came to establish this fact (that he was a predator) during the trial that took place before him,” he wrote.Cabral has raised nearly 20 legal issues in the appeal, including the credibility Lepine assigned to the victims.“In effect, there were numerous contradictions raised in cross-examination on essential elements of the infractions,” Cabral wrote, noting they were outlined in the defence’s 162-page final arguments.The 57 initial charges against Charest included sexual assault, sexual exploitation and one of sexual assault causing bodily harm. All but one was under the age of 18 at the time of the offences, with the youngest victim being 12.Charest, who didn’t testify at his trial, was acquitted on 18 of the charges, while the court said it didn’t have jurisdiction over two other counts related to incidents that occurred abroad.Some of the victims testified they had sexual relationships with Charest. Others said he touched them inappropriately.Some also said they felt they were in love with Charest at the time but eventually came to believe they had been manipulated.He was described as controlling and manipulative toward the athletes whose careers he managed.One former pupil testified she had to have an abortion when she was about 15 after getting pregnant following unprotected sex with Charest.The encounters continued afterward, with Charest purchasing contraceptives for her and getting a prescription from his own father.She testified she was young and in love with her coach and that Charest advised her to keep their relationship quiet because he would go to prison if it became known.Quebec’s director of criminal and penal prosecutions acknowledged Tuesday an appeal had been filed, but declined further comment.Some of the offences took place both before and during Charest’s stint with Alpine Canada’s women’s development team between 1996 and 1998. The national ski organization said in a statement after the verdict was rendered that it sent a message that abusing authority has no place in sports or in society in general.Charest has been detained since March 2015 arrest and the sentencing phase of his case is set to begin Aug. 23.last_img read more

Encana vows to grow production after Q1 output and income miss expectations

first_imgCALGARY, A.B. — The chief executive of Encana Corp. says the company will ramp up output from its U.S. and Canadian oil and gas fields this year after it reported first-quarter operating earnings and production that missed analyst expectations.“We are well-positioned to execute another year of strong growth for Encana as we prepare to cross the 400,000 boe (barrels of oil equivalent) per day milestone later this year,” said Doug Suttles on a conference call.Encana reported first-quarter production of 324,400 barrels of oil equivalent per day, with 145,200 barrels per day of more valuable oil and natural gas liquids and the rest dry natural gas. Revenue in the quarter came to US$1.3 billion, beating the forecast for US$1.26 billion, and up from US$1.29 billion in the same quarter last year. That’s up from 317,900 boepd in the same period last year, but short of analyst consensus expectations of 338,000 boepd, according to a report from analyst Kristopher Zack of Desjardins Capital Markets, who had forecast for 331,500 boepd.He said the miss is partly due to timing of drilling wells and producing from them.“In the second half of last year, and particularly in the Duvernay and the Eagle Ford, we ramped down activity and we restarted and ramped up that activity here in the first quarter,” said Suttles. “We’ll actually see production build in the second half of the year in those two assets.”Encana is focused on four areas, the Permian and Eagle Ford regions in Texas and the Montney and Duvernay regions on the Alberta-B.C. border. It said most of its growth this year will come from its more highly developed Permian and Montney assets while output from the other two will remain flat.Encana said it expects fourth-quarter production this year to be between 400,000 and 425,000 boepd. It left its 2018 spending plan unchanged at between US$1.8 billion and US$1.9 billion.The Calgary-based company, which reports in U.S. dollars, had operating income of US$156 million in the three months ended March 31, missing analyst expectations of US$168 million according to Thomson Reuters. A year ago, its operating income was US$104 million.last_img read more

Page 1 of 2

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén